Music Production and Composition
Wabisabi Entertainment Inc. provides musical pieces for various projects such as modern and traditional performing arts, sports or cultural projects. Recently the fusion of modern music and Japanese “Wa” has been in high demand. Together with Kinohachi and other major arrangers, we produce and compose musical pieces customized to our clients’ needs.
- The theme music “IBUKI” for Mitsuoka Motor’s automobile called “Orochi”
- The theme music “Uchu he” for World heritage registered site “Iwami Silver Mine”
- The theme music “Ryoma ga yuku” and “Uchu he” for Shuzan-sai September Ookabuki
- The theme music “Onmyoji”, “Gekkouha” and “Yamei” for the new Kabuki
- The theme music “Sakura mau otokotachi” for Japanese National Rugby Team
- The theme music “IKUSA” for 2015 Rugby Top League
Performances and Lectures
We provide performances and lectures catered to the various needs of our clients. Our services range from lectures about the history of traditional Japanese instruments (Shakuhachi, Shinobue and Noukan etc.); to proper breathing techniques used to play them, like the “Suizen” technique used to play the shakuhachi. We also give performances at various places such as corporations, schools, shrines or temples.
- The 60th Memorial Live for Kamikaze suicide attacks in Chiran base camp (Kagoshima Prefecture)
- Performed at Goju-no-to (5-Story Pagoda) in Mt. Haguro (Yamagata Prefecture)
- Lecture about Komuso (begging Zen priests of the Fuke sect) at Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory
- Lecture about Komuso at Shibuya University
- Performed with YAIBA at Japan Expo 2015